Synthetic & Medicinal Chemists
Charnwood Campus. Loughborough
Salary: £28,500 to £35,000
For the Discovery!
We are Charnwood Molecular (CML) a leading Contract Research Organisation, providing medicinal and synthetic chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries.
We are looking for inquisitive and passionate Chemists to work in a client-facing research environment, where you will play a key role in the discovery of new medicines, as well as the continued growth of our company.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a team providing scientific expertise to support client projects
- Design and perform complex multistep organic synthesis
- Analyse target molecules using a variety of analytical techniques including NMR and LCMS
- Contribute to regular client reports, delivery of teleconference and face-to-face updates
What you’ll be joining:
You will be joining a growing team at our new state of the art facility in Loughborough, we have an experienced department with diverse background of scientific expertise with a strong track record of delivering successful projects. You will be exposed to broad range of chemistry techniques and will be empowered to apply your skills and insight to client projects.
What you’ll need:
- PhD graduate in organic synthesis or medicinal chemistry
- We are also open to applications from BSc/MChem graduates with relevant industrial experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with other scientists
- The ability to independently design and deliver innovate synthetic chemistry
If you don’t feel you fit this role 100% we would still like to hear from you. Please send your CV to our Careers team at email@example.com along with your interests and what you would bring to Charnwood and we can discuss suitable job roles with you.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Additional benefits include: Pension scheme, sick pay, healthcare Insurance and counselling services, annual leave, life assurance and critical illness plus fantastic discounts across Travel, Food & Drink and so much more.
- We invest heavily in the professional development of our employees and if career progression is important to you opportunities are available.
- We recognising the importance of a work-life balance and so are flexible to discussing how this can be achieved
- Wellbeing initiatives like cycle to work schemes and mental health first aiders
Our continued success is built upon a number of principles and beliefs that we hold at our core and which are central to our ongoing role as an employer and as a leading provider of services to the global scientific community. We strive to place these Values at the heart of all we do.
- Empowering curiosity leads to discovery
- Build relationships with transparent communication
- Be open, honest, true and respectful with others
- Always be guided by the facts
How we recruit:
At CML we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
You are applying for the role of:
Synthetic & Medicinal Chemists
Synthetic and Medicinal Chemists
Charnwood Campus, Loughborough
£28,500 to £35,000 dependent on experience